Car bookings

Delhi: 2 taxi drivers working with Uber, Ola suffocated by drug addicts

Two taxi drivers working with Uber and Ola were reportedly robbed and killed, apparently by the same accused, at two different locations in the nation’s capital on Friday morning.

Delhi police arrested two men and discovered during their investigation that they, along with another accused, had booked taxis and suffocated drivers to death. The motive, according to police, was robbery – the defendants took three cell phones and 600 rupees from their victims.

Contacted, DCP (Central District) Shweta Chauhan confirmed: “We have resolved the two cases and apprehended two men. “

Police said the first incident came to light at around 10 a.m. Friday morning, after officers found a man lying in the back seat of a Wagon-R car. “Police identified the victim as Anil Yadav (49), an Uber driver. Later that day, police found the body of another taxi driver in Bharat Nagar. The deceased was identified as Chabbi Lal (28), working with Ola, ”said a senior police officer.

At both crime scenes, police found their phones and money missing. “The police filed two FIRs and contacted their companies to find out about their latest reservations. Police discovered that their taxis had been booked by a man, who informed police that his phone was stolen Thursday night and that he had already filed a complaint, ”the officer said.

Using technical surveillance, police identified one of the defendants and apprehended him on Friday evening. Upon his statement, his partner was apprehended and the police are currently carrying out raids to catch his third assistant.

“During questioning, the arrested men revealed that they first stole a man’s phone on Thursday evening and booked a taxi around 1 a.m. They took Chabbi Lal to Bharat Nagar where they strangled him and stole his phone and 450 rupees, ”the officer said.

Police said the men were drug addicts and after the first crime they booked another taxi, this time with Anil Yadav. “They suffocated him to death in the Anand Parbat area and eventually returned to their homes in the same neighborhood. The police recovered three phones in their possession, ”said an officer.