Editorial Note: We earn a commission on partner links on Forbes Advisor. Commissions do not affect the opinions or ratings of our editors.
Apple card*The tasty rewards plan is tailor-made for mobile consumers who prefer to use Apple Pay for their purchases. The card will earn you 2% Apple Daily Cash every time you make a payment using your Apple Pay with your iPhone or Apple Watch. But there are a handful of merchants where you can earn 3% cash back daily when you use your Apple Card with Apple Pay.
Here are the 3% Apple Card categories:
- All Apple purchases. This includes computers, phone accessories, games from the iTunes Store, Apple Music, and Apple TV +.
- Duane Reade. This includes all eligible health, beauty, personal care, household and seasonal products, including drugs and prescriptions.
- Exxon / Mobil. This includes Exxon or Mobil brand pumps and adjoining convenience stores. To pay at the pump with Apple Pay, use the Exxon Mobil Rewards + mobile app or contactless payment. Excludes purchases from third party merchants, including independent car washes, located at an Exxon or Mobil store or adjoining convenience store.
- Nike. This includes all locations in the United States as well as the Nike.com website and app.
- Panera bread. This includes all locations in the United States as well as orders placed through the app. This does not include online gift card purchases and orders made on third party apps.
- T Mobile. This includes payments made with Apple Pay in store as well as bill payments and automatic payment through the website or app. Authorized T-Mobile resellers and payments or purchases made through Sprint Checkout are not eligible.
- Uber / Uber eats. This includes payments made using the Apple Card through Apple Pay for Uber rides and orders placed through Uber Eats.
- Walgreens. This includes all eligible health, beauty, personal care, household and seasonal products, including medications, prescriptions and orders placed on Walgreens.com and through the app. This does not include Sprint Express and independent health service providers, including Walgreens Optical and Walgreens Hearing, or for orders placed on third-party delivery apps.
Note that these 3% rates, as well as the 2% rates in other expense categories are only valid if you use the Apple Card via Apple Pay. If you use the physical card to make a transaction, you will only earn 1%.
Also be aware that the rewards earned are Apple Daily Cash rewards and to redeem them you will need to have an associated Apple Cash card account, although it is free to set up and own. Every day, any Daily Cash accumulated is added to your Apple Cash card and can be used immediately for purchases with Apple Pay, for an Apple card balance, or sent to friends and family using the e-mail system. ‘Apple. You can also transfer the funds to your bank account or send them to an eligible Visa debit card.
Is the Apple Card Right for You? The answer to this question is different for everyone. When choosing a cash back card, you’ll need to consider where you typically spend the most and, especially for the Apple card, how often you can use Apple Pay to make a purchase.